Update: We have added the EmaLee Arroyo-directed visuals for L’Orange’s Need You single.
Nearly two years after making his last Booth appearance with the reader-acclaimed Alone, indie beatsmith L’Orange makes his return to our pages with Need You, a fresh cut off his next studio album. Despite the time that’s passed, it feels like the North Carolina native’s picked up right where he left off. Not only does this record possess a similarly soulful, smoky vibe as the aforementioned joint, but it finds him rejoining forces with the same guest spitter. West Coast rapper and producer Blu jumps on the headliner’s boom-bap percussion, chopped vocal samples and jazzy percussion to spit verses jam-packed with vivid wordplay and witty braggadocio. Featuring this atmospheric jam as well as collaborations with the likes of Homeboy Sandman and billy woods, The Orchid Days is scheduled for release April 15 (digital) and 18 (physical) via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.