Nearly two years after making his last Booth appearance with the reader-acclaimed Alone, indie beatsmith L’Orange makes his return to our pages with Need You, a fresh cut off his next studio album. Despite the time that’s passed, it feels like the North Carolina native’s picked up right where he left off. Not only does this record possess a similarly soulful, smoky vibe as the aforementioned joint, but it finds him rejoining forces with the same guest spitter. West Coast rapper and producer Blu jumps on the headliner’s boom-bap percussion, chopped vocal samples and jazzy percussion to spit verses jam-packed with vivid wordplay and witty braggadocio. Featuring this atmospheric jam as well as collaborations with the likes of Homeboy Sandman and billy woods, The Orchid Days is scheduled for release April 15 (digital) and 18 (physical) via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.