For as much as hip-hop artists say they’re about their paper, their chosen pathway to riches certainly isn’t the easiest one—and I’m willing to bet that Booth newcomer L’Orange is far from the only one who’s looking at the ceaseless grind, the lack of certainty regarding the future and the ever-present haters and wondered: “Am I wasting My Time?” Fortunately for all of us, the N.C. beatsmith’s resolved to hold the line. The second Lo Phi act to make his Booth debut with a world premiere (see also MindsOne‘s Code of Ethics), L’Orange gathers a few of the most dedicated rhymesayers he knows to spit about the game’s frustrations over his bluesy, sampled instrumental (drawn from The Clark Sisters’ Is My Living in Vain). Kaimbr opens proceedings on an aggressive note, and MindsOne member Kon Sci maintains the momentum with a pop-reference packed middle 16. Legacy takes the crown for bitterness on the back, however, lamenting that his haters will be “...happy if I’m not spittin’ / and trust that they’ll be happy if I’m pot-pissin / Naw, f*ck that, they’ll be happy if I’m not livin’.” Digging this lyrically-driven banger? While Time isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.