For as much as hip-hop artists say they’re about their paper, their chosen pathway to riches certainly isn’t the easiest one—and I’m willing to bet that Booth newcomer L’Orange is far from the only one who’s looking at the ceaseless grind, the lack of certainty regarding the future and the ever-present haters and wondered: “Am I wasting My Time?” Fortunately for all of us, the N.C. beatsmith’s resolved to hold the line. The second Lo Phi act to make his Booth debut with a world premiere (see also MindsOne‘s Code of Ethics), L’Orange gathers a few of the most dedicated rhymesayers he knows to spit about the game’s frustrations over his bluesy, sampled instrumental (drawn from The Clark Sisters’ Is My Living in Vain). Kaimbr opens proceedings on an aggressive note, and MindsOne member Kon Sci maintains the momentum with a pop-reference packed middle 16. Legacy takes the crown for bitterness on the back, however, lamenting that his haters will be “...happy if I’m not spittin’ / and trust that they’ll be happy if I’m pot-pissin / Naw, f*ck that, they’ll be happy if I’m not livin’.” Digging this lyrically-driven banger? While Time isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.