One thing that hasn’t changed over time is how you treat a lady—with respect. To bridge the gap between first date manners of the 1920’s and the 21st Century, Mello Music Group producer L’Orange created a booming brass instrumental for one of today’s coolest cats to paint a picture with a mic. If that one friend of yours who tells the best stories could make every sentence rhyme somehow without losing any of the details, you’d get New York emcee Homeboy Sandman. So sit down and clear your schedule before you play Mind vs. Matter. The new single off of L’Orange’s recently released The Orchid Days tells Homeboy’s story of the day and night difference between the first and second date with a new girl. I’m sorry, too, that the second date didn’t turn out as swell as the first, but I have to disagree about the second verse not being as cool as the first. It’s just a different side of the same coin.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.