One thing that hasn’t changed over time is how you treat a lady—with respect. To bridge the gap between first date manners of the 1920’s and the 21st Century, Mello Music Group producer L’Orange created a booming brass instrumental for one of today’s coolest cats to paint a picture with a mic. If that one friend of yours who tells the best stories could make every sentence rhyme somehow without losing any of the details, you’d get New York emcee Homeboy Sandman. So sit down and clear your schedule before you play Mind vs. Matter. The new single off of L’Orange’s recently released The Orchid Days tells Homeboy’s story of the day and night difference between the first and second date with a new girl. I’m sorry, too, that the second date didn’t turn out as swell as the first, but I have to disagree about the second verse not being as cool as the first. It’s just a different side of the same coin.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.