One thing that hasn’t changed over time is how you treat a lady—with respect. To bridge the gap between first date manners of the 1920’s and the 21st Century, Mello Music Group producer L’Orange created a booming brass instrumental for one of today’s coolest cats to paint a picture with a mic. If that one friend of yours who tells the best stories could make every sentence rhyme somehow without losing any of the details, you’d get New York emcee Homeboy Sandman. So sit down and clear your schedule before you play Mind vs. Matter. The new single off of L’Orange’s recently released The Orchid Days tells Homeboy’s story of the day and night difference between the first and second date with a new girl. I’m sorry, too, that the second date didn’t turn out as swell as the first, but I have to disagree about the second verse not being as cool as the first. It’s just a different side of the same coin.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.