One thing that hasn’t changed over time is how you treat a lady—with respect. To bridge the gap between first date manners of the 1920’s and the 21st Century, Mello Music Group producer L’Orange created a booming brass instrumental for one of today’s coolest cats to paint a picture with a mic. If that one friend of yours who tells the best stories could make every sentence rhyme somehow without losing any of the details, you’d get New York emcee Homeboy Sandman. So sit down and clear your schedule before you play Mind vs. Matter. The new single off of L’Orange’s recently released The Orchid Days tells Homeboy’s story of the day and night difference between the first and second date with a new girl. I’m sorry, too, that the second date didn’t turn out as swell as the first, but I have to disagree about the second verse not being as cool as the first. It’s just a different side of the same coin.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.