First introduced to the DJBooth readership in September of 2011, when he hooked up with Kaimbr, Kon Sci and Legacy to bring us ambitious hustle anthem My Time, independent beatsmith L’Orange returns to our frontpage with a lower-key meditation on the the quest for worldly success. An exclusive world premiere, album cut Alone features mic work from West Coast underground mainstay Blu, whose interweaved reflections on individual and cultural striving are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s dreamy, haunting jazz-vocal samples. For this thought-provoking, headphone-ready cut and much more, check out L’Orange’s The Mad Writer LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 20.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.