First introduced to the DJBooth readership in September of 2011, when he hooked up with Kaimbr, Kon Sci and Legacy to bring us ambitious hustle anthem My Time, independent beatsmith L’Orange returns to our frontpage with a lower-key meditation on the the quest for worldly success. An exclusive world premiere, album cut Alone features mic work from West Coast underground mainstay Blu, whose interweaved reflections on individual and cultural striving are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s dreamy, haunting jazz-vocal samples. For this thought-provoking, headphone-ready cut and much more, check out L’Orange’s The Mad Writer LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 20.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)