First introduced to the DJBooth readership in September of 2011, when he hooked up with Kaimbr, Kon Sci and Legacy to bring us ambitious hustle anthem My Time, independent beatsmith L’Orange returns to our frontpage with a lower-key meditation on the the quest for worldly success. An exclusive world premiere, album cut Alone features mic work from West Coast underground mainstay Blu, whose interweaved reflections on individual and cultural striving are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s dreamy, haunting jazz-vocal samples. For this thought-provoking, headphone-ready cut and much more, check out L’Orange’s The Mad Writer LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 20.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.