First introduced to the DJBooth readership in September of 2011, when he hooked up with Kaimbr, Kon Sci and Legacy to bring us ambitious hustle anthem My Time, independent beatsmith L’Orange returns to our frontpage with a lower-key meditation on the the quest for worldly success. An exclusive world premiere, album cut Alone features mic work from West Coast underground mainstay Blu, whose interweaved reflections on individual and cultural striving are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s dreamy, haunting jazz-vocal samples. For this thought-provoking, headphone-ready cut and much more, check out L’Orange’s The Mad Writer LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 20.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.