If you’re a longtime reader with a terrifyingly good memory, you may recall that, way back in January ‘08, a young emcee named Loot stepped into the Booth with a joint centered around showing off his Fresh wardrobe. Fast-forward more than two years, and the NYC native’s attitude has become a little less carefree; on new single Mad World, he takes a look at the senseless suffering and struggle surrounding him and concludes that life ain’t just unfair – it can be downright insane. Ralph Random mans the boards, flipping Gary Jules’ cover of Tears’ for Fears’ joint of the same name as the headliner paints a sobering lyrical picture of poverty and strife. On the guest tip, Mistah F.A.B. proves yet again that he’s much more than just a ghost rider of whips, expressing his compassion for the inner-city’s all-too-numerous “lost souls. Fans will be able to hear this cathartic banger and more on Loot’s The Get You Some Project, set to drop this fall. In addition, those who purchase this Mad World on iTunes can send a screenshot to republica(at)lootmusic.net for a chance to win one of three brand new pairs of Republica sunglasses!
Written by richard on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.