One of the most common themes in hip-hop is the art of displaying a fresh-bravado. Giving the topic a bit of—for lack of a better word—freshness, NYC-native Loot shows off his swagger with an old-school hip-hop rhyme scheme. Assisting in this time-travel-to-the-‘80s is beat maker Hifonics, whose percussion work and classic samples turn the topic of Fresh from “just plain old” to “classic.” Familiar sounds and present appeal usually mix together well; hopefully Loot can hold true once his debut, Get You Some, rocks shelves later this year.
Listen to More: Loot
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.