One of the most common themes in hip-hop is the art of displaying a fresh-bravado. Giving the topic a bit of—for lack of a better word—freshness, NYC-native Loot shows off his swagger with an old-school hip-hop rhyme scheme. Assisting in this time-travel-to-the-‘80s is beat maker Hifonics, whose percussion work and classic samples turn the topic of Fresh from “just plain old” to “classic.” Familiar sounds and present appeal usually mix together well; hopefully Loot can hold true once his debut, Get You Some, rocks shelves later this year.
Listen to More: Loot
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.