One of the most common themes in hip-hop is the art of displaying a fresh-bravado. Giving the topic a bit of—for lack of a better word—freshness, NYC-native Loot shows off his swagger with an old-school hip-hop rhyme scheme. Assisting in this time-travel-to-the-‘80s is beat maker Hifonics, whose percussion work and classic samples turn the topic of Fresh from “just plain old” to “classic.” Familiar sounds and present appeal usually mix together well; hopefully Loot can hold true once his debut, Get You Some, rocks shelves later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.