Like many of America’s most acclaimed urban artists, Swedish hip-hop trio Looptroop Rockers draw from a set of musical influences that transcends national boundaries. Creative genre-fusing generally portends Good Things, and, on their first Booth feature, the threesome come with a sound that’s as infectious as it is difficult to pin down—reggae-inflected punk-hop with a dash of European folk? Whatever you call it, new single The Building‘s guitar/string/accordion beat (courtesy of producer Embee) has a head-bobbing appeal liable to leave listeners in a neck brace, and rappers Promoe and Supreme take an equally unique tack on the mic, switching between sung and flowed vocals as they deliver their apartment complex-spanning narrative. A catchy track worldly heads can’t afford to pass up, The Building can be found on the Rockers’ fourth studio album, Good Things (set to hit record stores and online retailers August 25th).
Written by richard on 08/19/09
Submit your Rating
Bad Taste Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)