Like many of America’s most acclaimed urban artists, Swedish hip-hop trio Looptroop Rockers draw from a set of musical influences that transcends national boundaries. Creative genre-fusing generally portends Good Things, and, on their first Booth feature, the threesome come with a sound that’s as infectious as it is difficult to pin down—reggae-inflected punk-hop with a dash of European folk? Whatever you call it, new single The Building‘s guitar/string/accordion beat (courtesy of producer Embee) has a head-bobbing appeal liable to leave listeners in a neck brace, and rappers Promoe and Supreme take an equally unique tack on the mic, switching between sung and flowed vocals as they deliver their apartment complex-spanning narrative. A catchy track worldly heads can’t afford to pass up, The Building can be found on the Rockers’ fourth studio album, Good Things (set to hit record stores and online retailers August 25th).
Written by richard on 08/19/09
Submit your Rating
Bad Taste Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.