Here’s a Zen koan for y’all: do The Lonely Island make comedy records that just so happen to take the form of hip-hop, or do they make hip-hop records that just so happen to be about completely ridiculous sh*t? Considering how adept Booth newcomers Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg have become at straddling that line, I think the correct answer is simply to sit back, hit play, and laugh your ass off. On new single I Just Had Sex, the trio once again showcase their knack for turning spot-on parody and inimitably awkward lyricism into comedy-pop gold. Over a synth-drenched beat that wouldn’t sound out of place on an Akon single, the crew inform the world that – you guessed it – they recently engaged in intercourse with a woman: ”You’ll never guess where I just came from: I had sex / If I had to describe the feeling, it was the best.” As those who read the title line may have surmised, ‘kon himself lends a hand on the guest tip, giving the cut that authentic flavor with a triumphant sung hook. Craving more musical hilarity? Then check out The Dudes’ 2nd Album, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.