Here’s a Zen koan for y’all: do The Lonely Island make comedy records that just so happen to take the form of hip-hop, or do they make hip-hop records that just so happen to be about completely ridiculous sh*t? Considering how adept Booth newcomers Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg have become at straddling that line, I think the correct answer is simply to sit back, hit play, and laugh your ass off. On new single I Just Had Sex, the trio once again showcase their knack for turning spot-on parody and inimitably awkward lyricism into comedy-pop gold. Over a synth-drenched beat that wouldn’t sound out of place on an Akon single, the crew inform the world that – you guessed it – they recently engaged in intercourse with a woman: ”You’ll never guess where I just came from: I had sex / If I had to describe the feeling, it was the best.” As those who read the title line may have surmised, ‘kon himself lends a hand on the guest tip, giving the cut that authentic flavor with a triumphant sung hook. Craving more musical hilarity? Then check out The Dudes’ 2nd Album, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)