Here’s a Zen koan for y’all: do The Lonely Island make comedy records that just so happen to take the form of hip-hop, or do they make hip-hop records that just so happen to be about completely ridiculous sh*t? Considering how adept Booth newcomers Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg have become at straddling that line, I think the correct answer is simply to sit back, hit play, and laugh your ass off. On new single I Just Had Sex, the trio once again showcase their knack for turning spot-on parody and inimitably awkward lyricism into comedy-pop gold. Over a synth-drenched beat that wouldn’t sound out of place on an Akon single, the crew inform the world that – you guessed it – they recently engaged in intercourse with a woman: ”You’ll never guess where I just came from: I had sex / If I had to describe the feeling, it was the best.” As those who read the title line may have surmised, ‘kon himself lends a hand on the guest tip, giving the cut that authentic flavor with a triumphant sung hook. Craving more musical hilarity? Then check out The Dudes’ 2nd Album, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.