Here’s a Zen koan for y’all: do The Lonely Island make comedy records that just so happen to take the form of hip-hop, or do they make hip-hop records that just so happen to be about completely ridiculous sh*t? Considering how adept Booth newcomers Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg have become at straddling that line, I think the correct answer is simply to sit back, hit play, and laugh your ass off. On new single I Just Had Sex, the trio once again showcase their knack for turning spot-on parody and inimitably awkward lyricism into comedy-pop gold. Over a synth-drenched beat that wouldn’t sound out of place on an Akon single, the crew inform the world that – you guessed it – they recently engaged in intercourse with a woman: ”You’ll never guess where I just came from: I had sex / If I had to describe the feeling, it was the best.” As those who read the title line may have surmised, ‘kon himself lends a hand on the guest tip, giving the cut that authentic flavor with a triumphant sung hook. Craving more musical hilarity? Then check out The Dudes’ 2nd Album, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 12/20/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.