Considering it’s been nearly four years since London last graced our pages, a quick update is in order: in the interim, the Oakland-repping R&B singer parted ways with his label home, Universal Motown, and is now a free agent. On the personal tip, though, his spirits are soaring. Whereas November ‘09’s Flatline found the singer suffering from a debilitating case of heartbreak, this freshly-released single sees him spitting game to a new romantic prospect, offering to take her Higher than she’s ever been before. As London describes their itinerary, beatsmith Shonuff backs his easygoing, falsetto-laced vocals with an ear-pleasing mix of ringing keys and hi hat-heavy percussion. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned; Londonland currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One 2 Many ft. Twista" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.