Considering it’s been nearly four years since London last graced our pages, a quick update is in order: in the interim, the Oakland-repping R&B singer parted ways with his label home, Universal Motown, and is now a free agent. On the personal tip, though, his spirits are soaring. Whereas November ‘09’s Flatline found the singer suffering from a debilitating case of heartbreak, this freshly-released single sees him spitting game to a new romantic prospect, offering to take her Higher than she’s ever been before. As London describes their itinerary, beatsmith Shonuff backs his easygoing, falsetto-laced vocals with an ear-pleasing mix of ringing keys and hi hat-heavy percussion. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned; Londonland currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One 2 Many ft. Twista" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.