For most of us, each weekday morning means a repeat of the same old routine: shower, shave, dress, eat some breakfast, and so on. R&B singer London, on the other hand, prefers to start his day off with a bang—even if it means his girl will be a few minutes late for work. On new potential single B 4 U Go, the ATL native wakes to find his lady preparing to head out the door; hot under the pajama collar from a night of steamy dreams, he begs her to come back to bed and turn his fantasies to reality. Producers Ric & Prez back London’s soulful entreaties with an instrumental that begins as a sparse, reverb-drenched mix of booming bass and fingersnaps, but builds and shifts dramatically over the record’s three-and a half-minute running time (and the momentary reversed-cymbal breakdown midway through is just plain cool). With its unique sound and strong concept, B 4 U Go should raise anticipation for London’s forthcoming LP, Man of My Word (which has yet to receive a solid release date). Not to mention, guys looking to spice up their early-AM hours need only give this record a spin—she’s sure to take the hint.
Written by richard on 05/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One 2 Many ft. Twista" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.