For most of us, each weekday morning means a repeat of the same old routine: shower, shave, dress, eat some breakfast, and so on. R&B singer London, on the other hand, prefers to start his day off with a bang—even if it means his girl will be a few minutes late for work. On new potential single B 4 U Go, the ATL native wakes to find his lady preparing to head out the door; hot under the pajama collar from a night of steamy dreams, he begs her to come back to bed and turn his fantasies to reality. Producers Ric & Prez back London’s soulful entreaties with an instrumental that begins as a sparse, reverb-drenched mix of booming bass and fingersnaps, but builds and shifts dramatically over the record’s three-and a half-minute running time (and the momentary reversed-cymbal breakdown midway through is just plain cool). With its unique sound and strong concept, B 4 U Go should raise anticipation for London’s forthcoming LP, Man of My Word (which has yet to receive a solid release date). Not to mention, guys looking to spice up their early-AM hours need only give this record a spin—she’s sure to take the hint.
Written by richard on 05/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One 2 Many ft. Twista" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.