For most of us, each weekday morning means a repeat of the same old routine: shower, shave, dress, eat some breakfast, and so on. R&B singer London, on the other hand, prefers to start his day off with a bang—even if it means his girl will be a few minutes late for work. On new potential single B 4 U Go, the ATL native wakes to find his lady preparing to head out the door; hot under the pajama collar from a night of steamy dreams, he begs her to come back to bed and turn his fantasies to reality. Producers Ric & Prez back London’s soulful entreaties with an instrumental that begins as a sparse, reverb-drenched mix of booming bass and fingersnaps, but builds and shifts dramatically over the record’s three-and a half-minute running time (and the momentary reversed-cymbal breakdown midway through is just plain cool). With its unique sound and strong concept, B 4 U Go should raise anticipation for London’s forthcoming LP, Man of My Word (which has yet to receive a solid release date). Not to mention, guys looking to spice up their early-AM hours need only give this record a spin—she’s sure to take the hint.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One 2 Many ft. Twista" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.