Logic has me feeling like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Why? Well, I want his debut album and I want it Now! I can kick and scream all I want, though, but no amount of whining will make it appear. Still, I can’t go full Veruca, because at least the Def Jam signeee is giving fans a new loosie to tide us over. Logic, known for a wide range of diverse approaches on the mic, chooses one of the bigger guns from his arsenal on this joint. He needs it, because 6ix, Arthur McArthur and Swiff D‘s production is as edgy as trap beats come. Though the production has a strong trap influence, Logic doesn’t trap-ify his output. Instead of adopting a slow, leaning approach, he devastates the track with a surgical, rapid-fire flow. For more from the DMV star-in-waiting, check out December’s Like Me. Fans can also catch him on his the Verge Campus Tour, off and running now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.