Logic has me feeling like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Why? Well, I want his debut album and I want it Now! I can kick and scream all I want, though, but no amount of whining will make it appear. Still, I can’t go full Veruca, because at least the Def Jam signeee is giving fans a new loosie to tide us over. Logic, known for a wide range of diverse approaches on the mic, chooses one of the bigger guns from his arsenal on this joint. He needs it, because 6ix, Arthur McArthur and Swiff D‘s production is as edgy as trap beats come. Though the production has a strong trap influence, Logic doesn’t trap-ify his output. Instead of adopting a slow, leaning approach, he devastates the track with a surgical, rapid-fire flow. For more from the DMV star-in-waiting, check out December’s Like Me. Fans can also catch him on his the Verge Campus Tour, off and running now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/14
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.