You might want to draw a bath before hitting “play” on Logic‘s latest feature; this sh*t is gritty, grimy and downright Nasty. In contrast to his last Booth feature, the melancholy LaLaLa, this record is is a braggadocious lyrical free-for-all. DJ Don Cannon flips a bluesy soul sample (also used in PackFM‘s featured cut of the same title, though I can’t ID the original source) as the 2013 XXL freshman toasts his rising status in the game, touting his mastery of the mic and his prodigious crossover appeal (“Who you know lyrically kill the club in the same rhyme?”). GRVTY underscores the joint’s less-than-pristine vibe in his official visuals, depicting Logic rhyming in the middle of a muddy outdoor basketball court. Feeling it? Many more fresh tunes await on the artist’s Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever tape, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, May 7.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.