You might want to draw a bath before hitting “play” on Logic‘s latest feature; this sh*t is gritty, grimy and downright Nasty. In contrast to his last Booth feature, the melancholy LaLaLa, this record is is a braggadocious lyrical free-for-all. DJ Don Cannon flips a bluesy soul sample (also used in PackFM‘s featured cut of the same title, though I can’t ID the original source) as the 2013 XXL freshman toasts his rising status in the game, touting his mastery of the mic and his prodigious crossover appeal (“Who you know lyrically kill the club in the same rhyme?”). GRVTY underscores the joint’s less-than-pristine vibe in his official visuals, depicting Logic rhyming in the middle of a muddy outdoor basketball court. Feeling it? Many more fresh tunes await on the artist’s Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever tape, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, May 7.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)