You might want to draw a bath before hitting “play” on Logic‘s latest feature; this sh*t is gritty, grimy and downright Nasty. In contrast to his last Booth feature, the melancholy LaLaLa, this record is is a braggadocious lyrical free-for-all. DJ Don Cannon flips a bluesy soul sample (also used in PackFM‘s featured cut of the same title, though I can’t ID the original source) as the 2013 XXL freshman toasts his rising status in the game, touting his mastery of the mic and his prodigious crossover appeal (“Who you know lyrically kill the club in the same rhyme?”). GRVTY underscores the joint’s less-than-pristine vibe in his official visuals, depicting Logic rhyming in the middle of a muddy outdoor basketball court. Feeling it? Many more fresh tunes await on the artist’s Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever tape, set to drop digitally on Tuesday, May 7.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.