Flipping a page in the book of life from “a lazy-a** boy” to “a man that’s on his grind”, Logic gets materialistic on new song release My Chain, without selling out lyrically. Four days after concluding his nationwide tour and fresh off releasing his junior mixtape, Young Sinatra: Undeniable, back in April, Frank Sinatra’s rapping doppelganger continues just where he left off delivering on point lyrics with a precise flow. While some may call this song arrogant, the underlying truth begs to differ. Not flaunting his jewelry, but rather recognizing his successes, Logic clears the air by spitting, “So simplistic never materialistic but we do like compliments, Why? cause these diamonds are accomplishments.” Credit fellow label mate, tour DJ, and producer, 6ix, with the production as he cooks up a light entre, sampling Kanye West’s Barry Bonds as well as Gucci Mane’s My Chain, giving fans a loose single to tide them over until Logic’s next project takes form.
Written by @Grubeats on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.