Flipping a page in the book of life from “a lazy-a** boy” to “a man that’s on his grind”, Logic gets materialistic on new song release My Chain, without selling out lyrically. Four days after concluding his nationwide tour and fresh off releasing his junior mixtape, Young Sinatra: Undeniable, back in April, Frank Sinatra’s rapping doppelganger continues just where he left off delivering on point lyrics with a precise flow. While some may call this song arrogant, the underlying truth begs to differ. Not flaunting his jewelry, but rather recognizing his successes, Logic clears the air by spitting, “So simplistic never materialistic but we do like compliments, Why? cause these diamonds are accomplishments.” Credit fellow label mate, tour DJ, and producer, 6ix, with the production as he cooks up a light entre, sampling Kanye West’s Barry Bonds as well as Gucci Mane’s My Chain, giving fans a loose single to tide them over until Logic’s next project takes form.
Written by @Grubeats on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.