Though I’ve never actually watched Driving Miss Daisy, I will admit to having a slight grudge against it, since it won Best Picture in the same year Do the Right Thing was eligible. (Spike wasn’t even f**king nominated!) But I’m not about to let that interfere with my enjoyment of Driving Ms. Daisy, the almost identically-titled new promo single from Logic. Here, the Def Jam signee showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; to back his characteristically complex bars, he crafts a sinuous synth beat with a dizzying chopped-sample hook. In between the headliner’s verses, Childish Gambino grabs the mic to spit about the often-insoluble conflict between romantic relationships and professional ambition. Driving isn’t a single, but it will be placed on Logic’s (forever-delayed) studio debut, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.