Though I’ve never actually watched Driving Miss Daisy, I will admit to having a slight grudge against it, since it won Best Picture in the same year Do the Right Thing was eligible. (Spike wasn’t even f**king nominated!) But I’m not about to let that interfere with my enjoyment of Driving Ms. Daisy, the almost identically-titled new promo single from Logic. Here, the Def Jam signee showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; to back his characteristically complex bars, he crafts a sinuous synth beat with a dizzying chopped-sample hook. In between the headliner’s verses, Childish Gambino grabs the mic to spit about the often-insoluble conflict between romantic relationships and professional ambition. Driving isn’t a single, but it will be placed on Logic’s (forever-delayed) studio debut, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.