Though I’ve never actually watched Driving Miss Daisy, I will admit to having a slight grudge against it, since it won Best Picture in the same year Do the Right Thing was eligible. (Spike wasn’t even f**king nominated!) But I’m not about to let that interfere with my enjoyment of Driving Ms. Daisy, the almost identically-titled new promo single from Logic. Here, the Def Jam signee showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; to back his characteristically complex bars, he crafts a sinuous synth beat with a dizzying chopped-sample hook. In between the headliner’s verses, Childish Gambino grabs the mic to spit about the often-insoluble conflict between romantic relationships and professional ambition. Driving isn’t a single, but it will be placed on Logic’s (forever-delayed) studio debut, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mind Of Logic" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.