If you’re a devoted fan of Tyrese, you’ll likely recognize this cut’s title, but this version of the record may still be new to you—previously released in a slower, Euro-poppier incarnation with boardwork by the Trackboyz’ D-Rocc, Take Me Away has received a production makeover at the hands of Logan De Gaulle, who, in the confusing tradition of Chester French, are not one person but two: Clinton Sparks and DJ Snake. It’s not too hard to see why the duo chose this revamp for single treatment—driven by a relentless, pounding kick drum and filled to the brim with sizzling synths, their instrumental packs a compulsively danceable punch. More energy is hardly ever a bad thing but, at the end of the day, it will be for listeners to decide which version reigns supreme. Those who don’t think Autotuned dance-pop is a good look for Tyrese may well pan both incarnations of the cut, but there’s no question Sparks and Snake are a club-packing production duo to reckon with. If you’re digging this single’s exuberant vibe, keep it locked to the Booth for more from Logan De Gaulle, as well as all the latest from Tyrese.
Written by richard on 06/14/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.