If you’re a devoted fan of Tyrese, you’ll likely recognize this cut’s title, but this version of the record may still be new to you—previously released in a slower, Euro-poppier incarnation with boardwork by the Trackboyz’ D-Rocc, Take Me Away has received a production makeover at the hands of Logan De Gaulle, who, in the confusing tradition of Chester French, are not one person but two: Clinton Sparks and DJ Snake. It’s not too hard to see why the duo chose this revamp for single treatment—driven by a relentless, pounding kick drum and filled to the brim with sizzling synths, their instrumental packs a compulsively danceable punch. More energy is hardly ever a bad thing but, at the end of the day, it will be for listeners to decide which version reigns supreme. Those who don’t think Autotuned dance-pop is a good look for Tyrese may well pan both incarnations of the cut, but there’s no question Sparks and Snake are a club-packing production duo to reckon with. If you’re digging this single’s exuberant vibe, keep it locked to the Booth for more from Logan De Gaulle, as well as all the latest from Tyrese.
Written by richard on 06/14/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.