If Michael Jackson had been a young rapper in 2012, he might have called Billie Jean a “bad b**ch” as he sang about how the child (fortunately) wasn’t his. Or maybe he would have just sounded like League of Extraordinary Gz. Using Micheal’s legendary title as inspiration, Austin group LOEGz have created a 2012 version of Bilie Jean, although I have a hunch they may be discussing dancing around some different white squares. With A Squared Production providing a triumphant and head-nodding beat, LOEGz emcees Tuk-Da-Gat, Lowkey and S. Dot provide some reality rap as they drop off some serious trap tales for your listening pleasure. The LOEGz , who recently finished up touring with Rittz on the Revival Tour (co-presented by DJBooth), will be in Atlanta this October during the A3C Festival, so be sure to check them out if you’re in the area. In the meantime, play Billie Jean at ignorantly loud levels and enjoy some true Texas rap.
Update: We have added the visuals for LoEGZ’ Billie Jean single.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/27/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.