You could say that Locksmith has been fighting since birth. Whether it was almost being given to the wrong woman in the hospital due to an insensitive doctor or second guessing his resolve to stay true to his craft, the Cali native has had to decide quickly and wholeheartedly what kind of person he’d like to be. In his latest video single, Who I Am, which he shares co-director honors with Brian Storm, we walk with Lock through a peaceful forest, a place where everyone is equal and preconceived stereotypes don’t exist. The Rebecca Nobel-assisted single can be found on Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts album, which you can purchase and stream here at The DJBooth. I also highly suggest that you check out his eye opening entry in the DJBooth Freestyle Series, titled Lifestyle.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Locksmith, the Golden State buzzmaker and longtime reader fave who recently spit "Lifestyle" for our exclusive freestyle series, has unleashed his next street album. A Thousand Cuts comes heralded by lead effort "Hardest...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.