You could say that Locksmith has been fighting since birth. Whether it was almost being given to the wrong woman in the hospital due to an insensitive doctor or second guessing his resolve to stay true to his craft, the Cali native has had to decide quickly and wholeheartedly what kind of person he’d like to be. In his latest video single, Who I Am, which he shares co-director honors with Brian Storm, we walk with Lock through a peaceful forest, a place where everyone is equal and preconceived stereotypes don’t exist. The Rebecca Nobel-assisted single can be found on Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts album, which you can purchase and stream here at The DJBooth. I also highly suggest that you check out his eye opening entry in the DJBooth Freestyle Series, titled Lifestyle.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
Locksmith, the Golden State buzzmaker and longtime reader fave who recently spit "Lifestyle" for our exclusive freestyle series, has unleashed his next street album. A Thousand Cuts comes heralded by lead effort "Hardest...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.