Locksmith‘s last mixtape single, Bear With Me, saw the Golden State native stretching out on the proverbial couch for a mic therapy session. Evidently, working through his baggage in the booth paid off; on newly-released follow-up Stand It, the artist sounds noticeably fresh and rejuvenated. While Locksmith begins the record with a quick look back at his childhood, his primary focus is on the present. Over 9th Wonder‘s breezy, refreshing sample work, the emcee lets haters know just how little hope they have of putting a damper on his mood. Anesha‘s breezy hook vocals round out the package. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on The Green Box, scheduled to hit The DJBooth May 7, for free streaming and download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Locksmith’s Joe Young Spike-directed Stand It visual.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)