Locksmith‘s last mixtape single, Bear With Me, saw the Golden State native stretching out on the proverbial couch for a mic therapy session. Evidently, working through his baggage in the booth paid off; on newly-released follow-up Stand It, the artist sounds noticeably fresh and rejuvenated. While Locksmith begins the record with a quick look back at his childhood, his primary focus is on the present. Over 9th Wonder‘s breezy, refreshing sample work, the emcee lets haters know just how little hope they have of putting a damper on his mood. Anesha‘s breezy hook vocals round out the package. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on The Green Box, scheduled to hit The DJBooth May 7, for free streaming and download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Locksmith’s Joe Young Spike-directed Stand It visual.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.