If Locksmith were a Major League Baseball player, I’d assume that he’s been hanging out with A-Rod and Ryan Braun (cough…cough…taking PEDs), because the Bay Area emcee is batting a thousand here in the Booth. His latest home run? A striking set of visuals, directed by Lock himself (with some help from Brian Storm), for Much More, a record off his latest street album. As he takes us on a tour of his hometown, Locksmith lays some harsh truths on the sucker emcees, delivering his bars over a whirring beat by Eric G. He also gets introspective, dropping powerful lines like, “How the f**k my cousin beat cancer just to get murdered later?” These lines pack an additional punch thanks to the subtle, yet effective backing vocals of his regular accomplice, Jarell Perry. You might think you know all about Locksmith, but there is Much More to the emcee than meets the ear. To find out just how Much More, download his DJBooth-hosted Green Box mixtape, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.