Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 13th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Locksmith, the Bay Area buzzmaker who hooked up with The DJBooth to drop 2013 full-length The Green Box. On Lifestyle, the emcee shares some caustic insights into the music industry, flowing over an airy throwback beat by Sean Divine. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Locksmith is gearing up for the release of his latest album, A THOUSAND CUTS, due out April 15.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.