Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 13th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Locksmith, the Bay Area buzzmaker who hooked up with The DJBooth to drop 2013 full-length The Green Box. On Lifestyle, the emcee shares some caustic insights into the music industry, flowing over an airy throwback beat by Sean Divine. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Locksmith is gearing up for the release of his latest album, A THOUSAND CUTS, due out April 15.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.