F**kin’ Idols, the last featured single off Locksmith‘s latest street release, was an underground banger with a grimy, hard-hitting vibe. On freshly-minted follow-up Free, the Cali-repping reader fave dials down the intensity to bring us a contemplative cut chronicling ups and downs of his career in the game. Though for many emcees the music business is a touchy subject, Lock sounds perfectly at ease as he flexes his lyrical muscles over his and Mike Blankenship‘s blissfully mellow production. Brian Storm links up with the artist to direct the accompanying visuals. Featuring Free and much more, Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts LP is available now for free steaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)