F**kin’ Idols, the last featured single off Locksmith‘s latest street release, was an underground banger with a grimy, hard-hitting vibe. On freshly-minted follow-up Free, the Cali-repping reader fave dials down the intensity to bring us a contemplative cut chronicling ups and downs of his career in the game. Though for many emcees the music business is a touchy subject, Lock sounds perfectly at ease as he flexes his lyrical muscles over his and Mike Blankenship‘s blissfully mellow production. Brian Storm links up with the artist to direct the accompanying visuals. Featuring Free and much more, Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts LP is available now for free steaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.