F**kin’ Idols, the last featured single off Locksmith‘s latest street release, was an underground banger with a grimy, hard-hitting vibe. On freshly-minted follow-up Free, the Cali-repping reader fave dials down the intensity to bring us a contemplative cut chronicling ups and downs of his career in the game. Though for many emcees the music business is a touchy subject, Lock sounds perfectly at ease as he flexes his lyrical muscles over his and Mike Blankenship‘s blissfully mellow production. Brian Storm links up with the artist to direct the accompanying visuals. Featuring Free and much more, Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts LP is available now for free steaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)