F**kin’ Idols, the last featured single off Locksmith‘s latest street release, was an underground banger with a grimy, hard-hitting vibe. On freshly-minted follow-up Free, the Cali-repping reader fave dials down the intensity to bring us a contemplative cut chronicling ups and downs of his career in the game. Though for many emcees the music business is a touchy subject, Lock sounds perfectly at ease as he flexes his lyrical muscles over his and Mike Blankenship‘s blissfully mellow production. Brian Storm links up with the artist to direct the accompanying visuals. Featuring Free and much more, Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts LP is available now for free steaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.