F**kin’ Idols, the last featured single off Locksmith‘s latest street release, was an underground banger with a grimy, hard-hitting vibe. On freshly-minted follow-up Free, the Cali-repping reader fave dials down the intensity to bring us a contemplative cut chronicling ups and downs of his career in the game. Though for many emcees the music business is a touchy subject, Lock sounds perfectly at ease as he flexes his lyrical muscles over his and Mike Blankenship‘s blissfully mellow production. Brian Storm links up with the artist to direct the accompanying visuals. Featuring Free and much more, Locksmith’s A Thousand Cuts LP is available now for free steaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.