Recently, Cali buzzmaker Locksmith asked his followers on social media which record off his latest street album they would like to see turned into a video. F**kin’ Idols was the hands-down favorite. The fans having spoken, Lock didn’t take long to give ‘em what they were craving. Created with the help of director Amadeuz Christ, the official visuals were conceived, shot and edited in under 24 hours. The result is a frantic, grimy clip that perfectly captures the Braden Blair-produced banger’s jittery energy. Fans can find Idols, the reader-acclaimed Willie Lynch and much more on the artist’s A Thousand Cuts LP, still available for streaming in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.