With three DJBooth feature notches already on his belt, all since the calender flipped to 2013, Locksmith is back yet again with F**k Love, a song which will likely cement his spot as one of the most promising emcees of 2013. Hungover from Valentine’s Day, Lock drops an emotional, introspective cut which might just be his strongest yet. The beat, produced by Mike TopNoch, is subtle, yet effective and hosts a very eloquent bassline. Layered atop the production, Locksmith delivers a personal, deep performance, highlighting how his relationships have affected his music and the man he is today (”“I used to think that these girls made me complete until ‘til I found myself in a space where I saw the loser was me”). Equally as powerful as the song is a striking set of visuals, which feature a stark, white painted room, a plainly dressed Locksmith, and two powdery children. The only color in the video is Lock’s heart used to echo the sentiment shared in the lyics. Has Locksmith won your heart or does he still have work to do? Let us know in the comments below and be on the lookout for his forthcoming free project, The Green Box, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Livin Loaded" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.