Back in January, Windy City singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Chicago-born, L.A.-based emcee Sulaiman stepped into The DJBooth with Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down), their first release under the “Local Nobodies” banner—and received rave reader reviews for their trouble. Eleven-plus months later, the crew are finally back to feed their hungry fanbase with Runaway, the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative street release. Bearing nothing in common with the Kanye joint of the same title save for the theme of bad luck in love, this cut finds Mathien serving up a characteristically mellow, guitar-driven backdrop for his and his partner’s (respectively) sung and flowed reflections on the complexities of modern romance. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of the Nobodies’ latest project, Two, in summer 2013.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.