Back in January, Windy City singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Chicago-born, L.A.-based emcee Sulaiman stepped into The DJBooth with Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down), their first release under the “Local Nobodies” banner—and received rave reader reviews for their trouble. Eleven-plus months later, the crew are finally back to feed their hungry fanbase with Runaway, the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative street release. Bearing nothing in common with the Kanye joint of the same title save for the theme of bad luck in love, this cut finds Mathien serving up a characteristically mellow, guitar-driven backdrop for his and his partner’s (respectively) sung and flowed reflections on the complexities of modern romance. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of the Nobodies’ latest project, Two, in summer 2013.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.