Back in January, Windy City singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Chicago-born, L.A.-based emcee Sulaiman stepped into The DJBooth with Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down), their first release under the “Local Nobodies” banner—and received rave reader reviews for their trouble. Eleven-plus months later, the crew are finally back to feed their hungry fanbase with Runaway, the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative street release. Bearing nothing in common with the Kanye joint of the same title save for the theme of bad luck in love, this cut finds Mathien serving up a characteristically mellow, guitar-driven backdrop for his and his partner’s (respectively) sung and flowed reflections on the complexities of modern romance. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of the Nobodies’ latest project, Two, in summer 2013.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.