Back in January, Windy City singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and Chicago-born, L.A.-based emcee Sulaiman stepped into The DJBooth with Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down), their first release under the “Local Nobodies” banner—and received rave reader reviews for their trouble. Eleven-plus months later, the crew are finally back to feed their hungry fanbase with Runaway, the latest single off their forthcoming collaborative street release. Bearing nothing in common with the Kanye joint of the same title save for the theme of bad luck in love, this cut finds Mathien serving up a characteristically mellow, guitar-driven backdrop for his and his partner’s (respectively) sung and flowed reflections on the complexities of modern romance. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of the Nobodies’ latest project, Two, in summer 2013.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.