It’s been a hot minute since we featured any fresh collaborative material from Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien and L.A.-by-way-of-Chicago spitter Sulaiman; Feets Desire hit the Booth way back in February of 2013. Rest assured, though, that both members of the Local Nobodies are alive and kicking—despite what the slightly morbid title of their new promo single might suggest. Featured in the Booth concurrently with its world premiere on Audiomack, Last Breath finds Mathien crooning poetic verses to a woman in his life, backed by his own uniquely catchy synth production. Sulaiman showcases his conversational flow and multifaceted lyrics on the middle 16. Is this cut as stellar as its promo art suggests? If you think so, stay tuned; Last Breath is the first single off the pair’s forthcoming second full-length, the appropriately-titled Two.
Written by richard on 05/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.