It’s been a hot minute since we featured any fresh collaborative material from Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien and L.A.-by-way-of-Chicago spitter Sulaiman; Feets Desire hit the Booth way back in February of 2013. Rest assured, though, that both members of the Local Nobodies are alive and kicking—despite what the slightly morbid title of their new promo single might suggest. Featured in the Booth concurrently with its world premiere on Audiomack, Last Breath finds Mathien crooning poetic verses to a woman in his life, backed by his own uniquely catchy synth production. Sulaiman showcases his conversational flow and multifaceted lyrics on the middle 16. Is this cut as stellar as its promo art suggests? If you think so, stay tuned; Last Breath is the first single off the pair’s forthcoming second full-length, the appropriately-titled Two.
Written by richard on 05/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.