Fresh off the December release of their first full-length as a duo, the aptly-titled Mathien and Sulaiman Make a Record, singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and rapper Sulaiman are taking their collaborative relationship to the next level. That’s right, they’ve traded the casual “Mathien x Sulaiman” moniker in for a proper stage name. Their Booth debut under the “Local Nobodies” banner, freshly-released promo single Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down) sees the Windy City representatives moving forward in the eclectically breezy vein of their last feature, Breathe In (Let Go). Mathien reprises his role behind the boards, serving up a mellow, head-noddable indie/folk-infused groove (complete with irresistibly catchy background whistling) as his mic-rocking colleague mixes nostalgically rosy snapshots of late-night revelry (“Drinkin’ beers at 5:00 AM with all your friends…”) with left-field cultural allusions (“#OccupyWallStreet, meet Gordon Gekko”). Top it all off with a singalong hook, and you’ve got one of the catchiest tunes to hit our front page in a minute. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented twosome.
Written by richard on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.