Fresh off the December release of their first full-length as a duo, the aptly-titled Mathien and Sulaiman Make a Record, singer/songwriter/producer Chris Mathien and rapper Sulaiman are taking their collaborative relationship to the next level. That’s right, they’ve traded the casual “Mathien x Sulaiman” moniker in for a proper stage name. Their Booth debut under the “Local Nobodies” banner, freshly-released promo single Cannonball Adderall (Wake Me Down) sees the Windy City representatives moving forward in the eclectically breezy vein of their last feature, Breathe In (Let Go). Mathien reprises his role behind the boards, serving up a mellow, head-noddable indie/folk-infused groove (complete with irresistibly catchy background whistling) as his mic-rocking colleague mixes nostalgically rosy snapshots of late-night revelry (“Drinkin’ beers at 5:00 AM with all your friends…”) with left-field cultural allusions (“#OccupyWallStreet, meet Gordon Gekko”). Top it all off with a singalong hook, and you’ve got one of the catchiest tunes to hit our front page in a minute. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented twosome.
Written by richard on 01/10/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.