Ever since its birth on Sedgwick Ave, hip-hop has been chock full of rap crews teaming up to rip the mic. While crews of three, five and even seven are frequent occurrences, rarely do nine emcees team up to take on the world. I mean, if each of them contributed a full verse to a single record, that would add up to 144 bars! On Champions, only two members of nine-man crew Local-Mu12 rock the mic, but Stryfe and Broadway Barrett do the work of 1,000 emcees. Producer Real McKoy’s beat starts off gentle with a soft violin intro, but quickly transitions into a thunderous, horn-driven groove. Atop the beat, Stryfe, guest spitter Skyzoo and Barrett (in that order) showcase similarly forceful flows as they deliver their potent, hard-hitting bars. Champions will be on Local-Mu12’s debut project, Labor Day, scheduled to drop September 3.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
Loyalty Digital Corp.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.