I recently had the chance to visit Portland, Oregon, which I must say was a great time. Between a million beer options, a place that serves maple bacon donuts and a breakfast spot that makes their own biscuits, Portland is fairly close to my heaven. Oh yeah, and they also have a killer music scene. One product of the Pacific Northwest are Booth newcomers Brill and Milc of Load B. On the pair’s latest single, Rebellion, producer Chemist concocts a grungy, slapping beat that is draped with a bubbly, chiming effect that serves the duo’s varying styles well. While their individual flows may differ—alternating between a booming grimy style and a crisp, higher-pitched flow—they share a similarly raucous vibe that makes the record a colorful listen. You can find Rebellion on Load B’s newly released album, Debauchery, available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.