I recently had the chance to visit Portland, Oregon, which I must say was a great time. Between a million beer options, a place that serves maple bacon donuts and a breakfast spot that makes their own biscuits, Portland is fairly close to my heaven. Oh yeah, and they also have a killer music scene. One product of the Pacific Northwest are Booth newcomers Brill and Milc of Load B. On the pair’s latest single, Rebellion, producer Chemist concocts a grungy, slapping beat that is draped with a bubbly, chiming effect that serves the duo’s varying styles well. While their individual flows may differ—alternating between a booming grimy style and a crisp, higher-pitched flow—they share a similarly raucous vibe that makes the record a colorful listen. You can find Rebellion on Load B’s newly released album, Debauchery, available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.