I recently had the chance to visit Portland, Oregon, which I must say was a great time. Between a million beer options, a place that serves maple bacon donuts and a breakfast spot that makes their own biscuits, Portland is fairly close to my heaven. Oh yeah, and they also have a killer music scene. One product of the Pacific Northwest are Booth newcomers Brill and Milc of Load B. On the pair’s latest single, Rebellion, producer Chemist concocts a grungy, slapping beat that is draped with a bubbly, chiming effect that serves the duo’s varying styles well. While their individual flows may differ—alternating between a booming grimy style and a crisp, higher-pitched flow—they share a similarly raucous vibe that makes the record a colorful listen. You can find Rebellion on Load B’s newly released album, Debauchery, available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.