Houston, we have a Problem, and his name is LMS. This Hialeah, Florida native may be new to our front page, but the title of his first feature tells you just about everything you need to know about him and his high-caliber collaborators. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this mixtape track finds LMS, Far As I Can See emcee Saheed, and Grey-Haired Bostonian REKS rocking the mic over Ozny‘s blend of soft vocals from Sylvia James and hard-hitting percussion. The headliner’s creative trash talk (“N*gga actin’ like we’re buddy-buddy. N*gga you’re a fuddy-duddy, molded into a gangsta like thuggy putty”) and REKS aggressively vivid rhymes are right on target but, for my money, Saheed’s explosive, relentlessly-flowed middle bars are the highlight of a cut filled with standout performances. Whichever flavor of lyrical fire you prefer, though, there’s no denying that this track’s a Problem. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more on LMS’ The Last Shall Be First LP, due out December 7.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
New Era Recording Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Back Down" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.