Booth readers, I rarely find myself at a loss for words, but today I’m just not sure how to proceed. On the first feature from LMNO, “the beats and the rhymes speak for themselves,” so anything I could say would be stating The Obvious. Not that I’ve ever let redundancy, repetition or sheer irrelevance stop me before. Making its world premiere on our homepage as entry number seven in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’ ongoing series, this retro-informed cut finds beatsmith Theory Hazit and DJ LD coming together to craft a retro-informed blend of gritty samples and authentic cuts, which the West Coast spitter proceeds to lace with gimmick-free (and occasionally paradoxical: “I’m doper than the headliner even when I headline the show.” ) lyrical braggadocio. As for the final product… well, a listen is worth a thousand words, so I’ll shut my figurative trap (Since I don’t actually type with my mouth hanging open.) Those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series throughout October and November, as well as heading over to Event’s official site for information on their new 20/20BAS Monitor Speakers.
Written by richard on 10/18/11
Submit your Rating
Workethic/Up Above Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.