Booth readers, I rarely find myself at a loss for words, but today I’m just not sure how to proceed. On the first feature from LMNO, “the beats and the rhymes speak for themselves,” so anything I could say would be stating The Obvious. Not that I’ve ever let redundancy, repetition or sheer irrelevance stop me before. Making its world premiere on our homepage as entry number seven in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’ ongoing series, this retro-informed cut finds beatsmith Theory Hazit and DJ LD coming together to craft a retro-informed blend of gritty samples and authentic cuts, which the West Coast spitter proceeds to lace with gimmick-free (and occasionally paradoxical: “I’m doper than the headliner even when I headline the show.” ) lyrical braggadocio. As for the final product… well, a listen is worth a thousand words, so I’ll shut my figurative trap (Since I don’t actually type with my mouth hanging open.) Those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series throughout October and November, as well as heading over to Event’s official site for information on their new 20/20BAS Monitor Speakers.
Written by richard on 10/18/11
Workethic/Up Above Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)