The title of LMFAO‘s forthcoming sophomore set may suggest that the Los Angeles natives are Sorry for Party Rocking, but their latest single tells a very different story. As you may have surmised, Party Rock Anthem is less an apology for the electro-hop twosome’s musical excesses than an all-out, balls-to-the-wall celebration of the very same. A four-on-the-floor rhythm and some skittering synths set a club-ready mood as Skyblue and Redfoo do what they do best, lacing the joint with their trademark monster hooks and stupidly-clever (or should that be stupidly clever?) punchlines: “On a rise to the top, no Led in our Zeppelin.” After the headliners have said their piece, Booth newcomer Goon Rock steps up to the mic to offer us a timely reminder that “hatin’ is bad,” and singer Lauren Bennett ties the party-rockin’ package together with some robotic hook and bridge vocals. So, how about it, Booth readers: ready to cut loose and have a good time? If so, stay tuned for release details on LMFAO’s second album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.