The title of LMFAO‘s forthcoming sophomore set may suggest that the Los Angeles natives are Sorry for Party Rocking, but their latest single tells a very different story. As you may have surmised, Party Rock Anthem is less an apology for the electro-hop twosome’s musical excesses than an all-out, balls-to-the-wall celebration of the very same. A four-on-the-floor rhythm and some skittering synths set a club-ready mood as Skyblue and Redfoo do what they do best, lacing the joint with their trademark monster hooks and stupidly-clever (or should that be stupidly clever?) punchlines: “On a rise to the top, no Led in our Zeppelin.” After the headliners have said their piece, Booth newcomer Goon Rock steps up to the mic to offer us a timely reminder that “hatin’ is bad,” and singer Lauren Bennett ties the party-rockin’ package together with some robotic hook and bridge vocals. So, how about it, Booth readers: ready to cut loose and have a good time? If so, stay tuned for release details on LMFAO’s second album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.