The title of LMFAO‘s forthcoming sophomore set may suggest that the Los Angeles natives are Sorry for Party Rocking, but their latest single tells a very different story. As you may have surmised, Party Rock Anthem is less an apology for the electro-hop twosome’s musical excesses than an all-out, balls-to-the-wall celebration of the very same. A four-on-the-floor rhythm and some skittering synths set a club-ready mood as Skyblue and Redfoo do what they do best, lacing the joint with their trademark monster hooks and stupidly-clever (or should that be stupidly clever?) punchlines: “On a rise to the top, no Led in our Zeppelin.” After the headliners have said their piece, Booth newcomer Goon Rock steps up to the mic to offer us a timely reminder that “hatin’ is bad,” and singer Lauren Bennett ties the party-rockin’ package together with some robotic hook and bridge vocals. So, how about it, Booth readers: ready to cut loose and have a good time? If so, stay tuned for release details on LMFAO’s second album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.