When they first hit our front page with a Pitbull-featuring remix of single I’m In Miami Trick, LMFAO‘s less-than-serious approach to club music left a bad taste in some readers’ mouths, though quite a few praised its high-energy vibe. For fans of body-moving beats who nonetheless weren’t thrilled by the duo’s Booth debut, their latest single selection may come as a pleasant surprise—on the newly-released La La La, the twosome tone down the jokeyness and amp up the danceability to create a fun, infectious ode to puppy love in the club. Backed by their own propulsive, synth-heavy instrumental, Sky Blu and Redfoo address a female so enchanting that a mere glance from her leaves them feeling “on top of the world.” La La La is a sugary, straightforward club record, and I mean that in the best way possible; LMFAO clearly know their audience, and this cut may be just the thing to help get their Party Rock EP a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.