Last we heard from LMFAO, the duo had set aside their hipsterish smirks to craft straightforward club banger La La La, a cut that met a warmer reception from our regulars than the tongue-in-cheek I’m In Miami Trick (Remix). Don’t let that fool you into thinking Sky Blu and Redfoo are playing it straight from now on, though; if anything, their latest single is even more ridiculous than their Booth debut. On Shots, the twosome join forces with the ever-hyped Lil’ Jon to pole-vault over the line that separates ‘simply snarky’ from ‘hilariously over-the-top.’ Needless to say, the record should be taken with one colossal grain of salt, but those who can appreciate the absurd humor in the duo’s hedonistic rhymes may find themselves laughing too hard to get down to their scorching boardwork—you might actually want to set the Shots aside, since inadvertently spewing Patron out your nose would be both painful and a tragic waste of top-shelf liquor. If you’re down with LMFAO’s unapologetically goofy take on club-hop, be sure to pick up a copy of Party Rock when it hits record stores and online retailers September 7th.
Written by richard on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.