Last we heard from Lloyd, the currently-indie R&B singer was busy pushing Pusha, a Weezy-assisted jam promoted to single status thanks in part to the rave Booth reviews received on an earlier version. Where that track saw its artist completely at the mercy of a female whose love was as addictive as cocaine, Lloyd’s latest single finds him in a more assertive mode, instructing his girl to Take It Off so he can – wait for it – break it off. Beatsmith J$Mill borrows a page from UGK‘s book, accenting his synth-theremin boardwork with samples from the duo’s identically-named Dirty Money track as Lloyd lets his lady know what’s up, and J. Holiday paraphrases the late Pimp C on his guest hook. Young Money rising star Nicki Minaj ties it all together with a rapidly-flowed, characteristically Crazy closing verse, complete with the dope if un-P.C. couplet “I’m an Indian giver, I want the quarterback/ If hip-hop was dead, b*tch I just brought her back.” If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more steamy R&B jams and high-caliber guest features on Lloyd’s Young Goldie EP, set for independent release sometime in December.
Written by richard on 11/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.