I don’t know about y’all, but I find it harder with each passing year to come up with anything resembling a Christmas list. Even those of us who have pretty much everything we need (and aren’t quite virtuous enough to do the whole “donate-to-charity-in-my-name” thing), however, likely know a certain guy or girl who they’d like to see gift-wrapped—with breathing holes, of course—and dropped on their doorstep. Case in point: Lloyd, who petitions Saint Nick for a special shawty’s love on a new single by the self-explanatory title “She’s All I Want for Christmas.” With D. Smith and Polow da Don‘s infectiously retro (though not particularly Christmas-y) pop-funk grooves bumping in the background, the Young Goldie crooner confesses just how obsessed he is with the woman in question, employing an MJ-esque vocal delivery along with some appropriately wintry imagery: “When I touch her, I slowly start to melt just like the snow…”. So, has Lloyd been good this year, or does this jam earn him a great big lump of coal? If you approve, you’ll be able to cop the record via iTunes next Tuesday, December 6.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.