I don’t know about y’all, but I find it harder with each passing year to come up with anything resembling a Christmas list. Even those of us who have pretty much everything we need (and aren’t quite virtuous enough to do the whole “donate-to-charity-in-my-name” thing), however, likely know a certain guy or girl who they’d like to see gift-wrapped—with breathing holes, of course—and dropped on their doorstep. Case in point: Lloyd, who petitions Saint Nick for a special shawty’s love on a new single by the self-explanatory title “She’s All I Want for Christmas.” With D. Smith and Polow da Don‘s infectiously retro (though not particularly Christmas-y) pop-funk grooves bumping in the background, the Young Goldie crooner confesses just how obsessed he is with the woman in question, employing an MJ-esque vocal delivery along with some appropriately wintry imagery: “When I touch her, I slowly start to melt just like the snow…”. So, has Lloyd been good this year, or does this jam earn him a great big lump of coal? If you approve, you’ll be able to cop the record via iTunes next Tuesday, December 6.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.