Not every prison is made up of concrete and bars. For some artists being trapped in a record deal can feel like a sentence, and that was exactly the case for the always vocally sweet Lloyd, who was recently set loose from his Murder, Inc. contract and signed with Interscope. To celebrate the occasion Young Goldie has released his new track, the aptly titled Set Me Free. Produced by J$Mil, who takes a classic retro-swing song and transforms it into a modern banger, Set Me Free is first and foremost driven by Lloyd’s lightt vocals, which take on a decided swagger here. Come to think of it, for guest artist Mystikal the prison metaphor is literal as we get to hear his still grimy voice put in work for one of the first times since he was released following a six-year bid (he sounds exactly the same as you remember). So how about it Booth? Is this track liberating your eardrums, or feeding them prison chow? Either way we can now expect a new album from Lloyd in the near future (hopefully). Free at last!
Written by Nathan S. on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.