Though it’s been quite some time since I split from a certain woman (the one who reminded me of the female Yung Menace addresses on I’m Gonna Leave), it hasn’t been easy staying away. As deep as the relationship’s valleys were, its peaks were still quite high, and there was often the temptation to return despite the risks. Newly-independent R&B singer Lloyd can clearly relate—on his latest buzz single, Pusha, he describes a woman whose love is like a drug he simply can’t stay away from. The Runners amp up the cinematic ambiance on the production tip, backing Lloyd’s vocals with a characteristically epic synth-driven beat. If this track has you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Lloyd’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, as well as on his currently-untitled senior album.
Listen to More: Lloyd Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.