Though it’s been quite some time since I split from a certain woman (the one who reminded me of the female Yung Menace addresses on I’m Gonna Leave), it hasn’t been easy staying away. As deep as the relationship’s valleys were, its peaks were still quite high, and there was often the temptation to return despite the risks. Newly-independent R&B singer Lloyd can clearly relate—on his latest buzz single, Pusha, he describes a woman whose love is like a drug he simply can’t stay away from. The Runners amp up the cinematic ambiance on the production tip, backing Lloyd’s vocals with a characteristically epic synth-driven beat. If this track has you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Lloyd’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, as well as on his currently-untitled senior album.
Listen to More: Lloyd
Written by Burmy on 08/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.