We here at DJBooth don’t like to brag, but we’re kind of a big deal. Lloyd’s track Pusha received such a highly positive response on the Booth, including staying at the top of our charts for several weeks, that Lloyd’s camp decided to release it as a single with the addition of…wait for it…Lil Wayne (shocking, I know). As hard as it was to improve on The Runners’ addictive beat, Lloyd’s soulfully slim vocals and that sexy as hell Spanish intro, Lil Wayne drops a drug-laden verse (again, shocking) that gives the track an extra edge. Does Weezy make this version better than the original? It’s up to the Booth to decide. Having left Universal and The Inc., Lloyd is currently an independent man. The title and release of his next project are still uncertain.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.