Though it’s been quite some time since I split from a certain woman (the one who reminded me of the female Yung Menace addresses on I’m Gonna Leave), it hasn’t been easy staying away. As deep as the relationship’s valleys were, its peaks were still quite high, and there was often the temptation to return despite the risks. Newly-independent R&B singer Lloyd can clearly relate—on his latest buzz single, Pusha, he describes a woman whose love is like a drug he simply can’t stay away from. The Runners amp up the cinematic ambiance on the production tip, backing Lloyd’s vocals with a characteristically epic synth-driven beat. If this track has you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Lloyd’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, as well as on his currently-untitled senior album.
Written by Burmy on 08/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.