Though it’s been quite some time since I split from a certain woman (the one who reminded me of the female Yung Menace addresses on I’m Gonna Leave), it hasn’t been easy staying away. As deep as the relationship’s valleys were, its peaks were still quite high, and there was often the temptation to return despite the risks. Newly-independent R&B singer Lloyd can clearly relate—on his latest buzz single, Pusha, he describes a woman whose love is like a drug he simply can’t stay away from. The Runners amp up the cinematic ambiance on the production tip, backing Lloyd’s vocals with a characteristically epic synth-driven beat. If this track has you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Lloyd’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz mixtape, as well as on his currently-untitled senior album.
Written by Burmy on 08/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.